One in six homes are currently at risk of flooding in the UK , this number is expected to rise with climate change. The frequency of flooding has increased over the past decade and has brought the issue to the forefront of many people’s lives.
Government Policy states that a Flood Risk Assessment is required for all planning applications that are deemed by the Local Planning Authority (LPA) to be at risk of flooding, or at risk of increasing the potential of flooding.
The requirements of a Flood Risk Assessment vary considerably depending on the location and type of development, ranging from a simple desktop appraisal to comprehensive river modelling analysis.
Our Water and Environment team specialise in Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) and we have the in-house capability to undertake Flood Modelling and analysis. We can apply our comprehensive knowledge of the flood policy to recommend a workable planning solution on even the most restricted or high flood risk sites throughout Truro, Cornwall and the South West.
Our Flood Risk Services meet the requirements of PPS 25, TAN 15 and SPP7 and Include:
– Site Specific Flood Risk Assessments
– Strategic Flood Risk Assessments (regional analysis)
– Environment Agency Liaison
– Hydrological and Hydraulic Analysis
– Coastal Flooding Analysis
– Drainage Impact Assessments
– Flood Consequence Assessments
– Sustainable Drainage Design (SuDS)
– Surface Water Exceedence Design
– Flood Defence Design
– Flood Management Plans
– Code For Sustainable Homes Surface Water Analysis (Sur 1 and Sur 2)
– Expert Witness Services for Flood Risk
We offer a highly competitive price, free quotations and initial consultations for all our services. If you would like more information, please call 01872 265400 or contact us by email.
For a full list of our other capabilities click on Services.