No. 4 Dock was constructed in 1926 and is virtually unchanged from that time, with the exception of a small extension at the bow section, to accommodate larger ships built in 1955. The dry dock is some 12.5m deep from coping to floor level, has an overall length of 197.5m and is 32.6m wide from east to west coping.
pdp Green were appointed by A&P Falmouth Ltd to carry out a Rapid Professional Appraisal of a partial collapse of the dock walls, and a Viability Report for proposed remedial works. Works were developed for urgent implementation to alleviate ‘down time’ of the operation of the dock.